Health & Safety
DESIGN TINTS is committed to providing and maintaining a safe and healthy working environment for its employees, visitors and all persons using the premises as a place of work. Management will develop and maintain a Health and Safety Management System.
SPECIFICALLY, MANAGEMENT WILL:
• Set health and safety objectives and performance criteria for all employee and work areas.
• Annually review health and safety objectives and employee performance.
• Actively encourage the accurate and timely reporting and recording of all incidents and injuries.
• Investigate all reported incidents and injuries to ensure all contributing factors are identified and, where appropriate, plans are formulated to take corrective action.
• Actively encourage the early reporting of any pain or discomfort.
• Provide a treatment and rehabilitation plan that ensures a safe, early and durable return to work.
• Identify all existing and new hazards and take all practicable steps to eliminate, isolate or minimize the exposure to any hazards deemed to be significant.
• Ensure that all employees are made aware of the hazards in their work area and are adequately informed and trained to enable them to perform their duties in a safe manner.
• Encourage employee consultation and participation in all matters relating to health and safety.
• Promote a system of continuous improvement, including the annual review of policies and procedures and the formulation of an Annual Health & Safety Plan.
• Meet our obligations under the Health and Safety in Employment Act 1992, the Health and Safety in Employment Regulations 1995, Codes of Practice and any relevant Standards or Guidelines.
• Every employee of the company is expected to share in the commitment to health and safety.
• Every manager or supervisor has a responsibility for the health and safety of those employees working under their direction.